Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sum of text boxes, that are sums of other boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

krolrules

MIS
Jun 6, 2003
US
Greetings! My first post to this site, so let's see how it goes!!

I have made a report in access that does some math, but having an issue running a sum of a column that math is in. Here is the scoop.....

I have a text box labled txtQTY, (keeps track of total number of parts used), and another text box named txtPrice (Price of that part). I made a column that displays the total price amount (txtTotalToDate), with the following math

=[txtQTY]*[txtPrice]

That works fine, but now here comes the porblem....I want to make a text box in the footer to display the total of all items (which is the total price of all txtTotalToDate boxes). So i made a txt box in the footer called txtAll and I did this...

=Sum([txtTotalToDate])

...but when I run the report, I get a message box that says "Enter Parameter value. txtTotalToDate." After hitting OK, my txtAll box displays nothing.

Any suggestions?

Hey, sorry about this, but I put this on the wrong section... I meant to put it on the access section.

Reply if you want to though.....

:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back