Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sum of POLINHST in Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuyGuy

Technical User
Oct 8, 2004
US
I get extra quantities when summing data from the POLINHST file in Crystal reports. When trying to insert a Subtotal or Grand Total it returns extra quantities from whatever field is chosen.
How do I limit the sum to just the results of the single occurrence on that line?

What field(s) are you trying to sum? Are they all inflated or just certain ones?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports
askdon@srhconsulting.com

Hey Don, howzit?
The fields are quantity(s) and pricing.
JBL Sci/Promega

Going well thanks. Is that you Dave?

What tables are you linking and what are you trying to accomplish? How are the tables currently linked? Are you on Pervasive or MS SQL?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports
askdon@srhconsulting.com

Yes it's me.
Linked from POLINHST_SQL to both POHDRHST_SQL and APVENFIL_SQL.
The information is "grouped" on the report to suppress duplicate output for the same PO line item and vendor.

Try a running total and designate how you want the sum to calculate. Based on each record (which is how a sum function would work), field level, or group.

I also think Don is right...Something sounds shady with your linkages.

Jonathan Nelson
Business Systems Analyst
Horizon Group, USA

In crystal, suppressing duplicate detail information doesn't stop crystal from summing that information in the group totals.

There are a couple of ways to do this. You could do a group on the line record and put a running total on that group footer line which would only calculate the qty total once. Or you could create a view that would summarize the POLINHST table into unique records and then use the view vs. the actual POLINHST table in crystal.

Kevin Scheeler

I run into this some times also, I find that if you don't link to all the fields that automatically link it works out better, ie just link to the Ord_No field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back