Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sum of field in record of subform

Status
Not open for further replies.

apestaart

Technical User
Feb 5, 2004
NL
I have the following problem (uppertunity).
I have a mainform with a combobox to select a month.
In a subform I have info about persons per month.
Mainform and subform are linked via a monthID.
So I can select a month and via a select query I have per person ours worked, ours vacation etc. What I want to do is add a field with the sum to date of vacation ours.

I tried to solve that with defining a function in my query, but then I get runtime error 3262, telling me that it is not possible to have a function looking at the same collection of data.

Is it possible to do this in an other way?

regards apestaart

Check out Access help on the DSum() function.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Thanks genomon, this gives me a direction. But I have problems to define the where portion of the function.
What I need is per record per RelId the sum to date.
I tried this :
Code:
 cummTVT: DSum("[Urencontract]-[Gewerkte uren]";"Tabgewerkte uren";"[RelID]= Forms![Selektie voor Excel].[Uitvoer naar excell].Form![RelID]")
I have put this in the query for the subform "Uitvoer naar excell", but it does not work.
When I replace "Forms![Selektie voor Excel].[Uitvoer naar excell].Form![RelID]" by a number (an existing RelId) then it works , but all the records have ofcause the same value.
What should I do?
Regards,
Apestaart

Try this:
Code:
Forms![Formname]![ctlname] = DSum("[nameFieldtosum]", "[tbloforigin]", "[RelID]= Forms![formname]![RelID]")

The first part is the control in the form in which you want displayed the sum (Forms![Formname]![ctlname]).
Then [nameFieldtosum], is the field where it does the sum.
[tbloforigin] is the table that store [nameFieldtosum].
The criteria of sum: [RelID] is the field in the [tbloforigin] where is equal to the control on the form tha store the ReiID, i.e. Forms![formname]![RelID]
Hope this helpf you ;)

Thank you Genomon and tanolalano, it finally works.
It seems that the function is very sensative for extra paces between " " . For "Forms" I had an extra space and that caused the problem in defining the where part of the function.
Best regards Apestaart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back