Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sum fields in crosstab query

Status
Not open for further replies.

CompGirl

Technical User
Jun 2, 2003
SE
hi everyone...

ive made a crosstab query that looks something like this:

Sweden Germany Denmark
A 4 2 0
B 3
C 5 1 6
D 2 2

i have a table with countries, cities, population and electricitie types.. A B C D .. the numbers stands for the amount of id:s that matches the criteria... now at the bottom i want to sum the sweden field to see somehow how many people that uses that type... is there a way to do this?

thx in advance

With the way you currently have it set up you can only sum the A, B, C and D - If you are using a report, you can sum in the report footer - If you are not using a report, I would suggest switching the Row Headings and Column Headings.

Make A, B, C and D your Column Headings and Sweden, Germany and Denmark your row headings - Then you can add a sum for Sweden, Germany and Denmark fields.

Hope that helps.

Fred

thx... i cheated and made the sums in a subreport... cause i have to have them that way... thx for your time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back