Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sum block of 2 queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

karkia

Programmer
Nov 30, 2005
US
I am using BO Webi v.11. I have a query (for this month) which returns revenues from each product by each store (cross-tab). Another query does the same thing, but for the previous month. I also need a block which totals every record from the previous two queries. I have written another query for the total. But since every cell contains just the total of the corresponding cells of the previous two queries, can't I do without the query (and just sum the two cells and write the result in the third block)?

You already asked this. It is not possible until XIR2. Since you can't link data providers, there is no way to do this.

Steve Krandel
Symantec

Ok, if adding elements from 2 different queries is not possible, can I create a template in Excel to perform the sum? That is, from WebI, I get the result from the 2 queries (say, A and B). Now, if I have a template in Excel which performs SUM(A,B), is there any way of automating the process of loading A and B to Excel from BO (besides, doing Save As-Excel)?

If you using Excel as ultimate end-of-line, you'd better consider skipping BO as an intermediate level.

There are numerous ways (Access,Linked odbc tables, Passthrough queries) to get proper results.

Example:

Create 2 passthrough queries in an Access database that fetch the data (like BO does) Create 3rd query to calculate resultset. Hook Excel to the Access database to fetch data from the 3rd query

Ties Blom
Information analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back