Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suitable POS for Night/Dance Club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiEmrich

Technical User
May 23, 2003
US
Who can recommend a POS system for a Night/Dance Club? 95% beverages, 5% food. Could you include references for your recommendation?

Thank you
Michael

No write access to MICROS database? Haven't had that problem on the 8700. Import about 200 retail Items a day to the database. A System is only as good as the support behind it. Infogenisis is great if you can afford it.

20K for a small restaurant is pretty typical, the POS industry is way overpriced IMO. We don't do any work in the hospitality industry right now but we just got done with a pretty hardcore install for a 3 lane liquor store with training, a maintenance contract, with some of our customization packages, and installation with Microsoft’s RMS software for under 10K said and done. There are many companies in my industry taking advantage of people’s ignorance - sad.

Rick Feuling
RITE

In July Pirates1 posted a link to the foodman web site, and I stated that it did not list any of its features. It appears the site has been updated and and has demos on it.
Looks to be a decent product for someone who wants to implement their own system. As I mentioned in my post, make sure to always get references to make sure that the features that lead you to choose a software do what you want them to.

I will second Bospruell suggestion. Aloha dominates the food/bar industry around here (from what I can see). I've asked a few of the employees what they thought (because we're in the pos industry, not for bars or restaurants though) and they said it was really easy to use and liked it.

Rick

Basically, the system that you will choose depends on functionality that you want, like remote printing, liquor gun interface, back office reports, ease of menu programming, etc. if you give more info then it will be easier to recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back