Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suggestions on 3.2(57) Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midstream

Programmer
Jan 15, 2004
US
IPO 406 3.2(57)Old style don't know v1 vs v2
Analog Pots2 3.2(57)
Digital DCP8 3.2(57)
Digital DCPx30 5.2(57)
Digital DCPx30 5.2(57)
VMPro
Delta Server 5.2.13

Something funny going on every other week. Various phones get locked up then forced to reboot control unit and modules to free things up. This has also led to VMPro ports locking up, forcing a reboot of vmp server.

What's your experience with this code level, is there anything obviously mismatched and what are your suggestions, please?

Thanks,

Phil

Hi,
It all looks ok.
With faults like these i usally get the customer to run monitor with the default and all in extn ticked. Then tell the customer that you are monitoring what is happening.
What i have found in the past is the the fault disapears.

If it doesn't then you can always pass on the trace to tech support!!

There is also a newer version of 3.2(65) on the website.
Would maybe try this first

On the phones locking up senario. How many phones have you got plugged into the DS30 modules??? Have the power supplies been changed for the newer ones???

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

No new power supplies. What can you tell me about newer power supplies?

There's a new higher wattage power supply that fixes some issues with phones. I've had a few 4412's lose transfer/conference functionality because of the old power supplies.
Mike

have had the right half of a DS module stop working as result of the power pack being older type.. they have little green stickers on the newer style ones here in NZ.
wacky ay..?

Cheers,

Chris

if more than 27 of 30 ports are connected to a DS30v2 with the older, weaker power supply, it has a tendency to continuously reboot. I am not sure about the origional 30 port station modules though.

Today was FDOB with new software load. We'll see how that goes for a couple of weeks. If troubles continue we'll get new power supplies. Couple hundred bucks a piece, I think.

this is the PCN and if you are quick then you get them for nothing, the PCN expires on September 30th this year
I would get them regardless if you have problems with the existing ones or not because if you don't then the trouble will start the day after the PCN expires.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back