Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suggestions for virus protection to clean mail before client receives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eti

Technical User
Feb 4, 2001
US
I am looking for a virus protection to clean attachments before sending the mail to client.

Star Internet used (and may still) run mail through their virus checker before passing it to you. You point your MX record at them, they check it for viruses and then pass it to your server. That way you never get a virus into your company - in theory.

NAV for Exchange is one that checks the server. This can be deployed as part of the Corporate updates so everything can run automatically.

Yea I believe we use NAV.
It quantines mail, and I believe after a set number of times of getting a virus from address, it will block the address.

We use NAV Enterprise to cover about 50 nodes at 3 sites. It has worked flawlessly since we installed it a year ago.

Randy Carr
randy.carr@carteretcraven.ncemcs.com

In that case can you join the Symantec: Norton AntiVirus forum and help the rest of us then??? :)

We are using Trend ScanMail 3.51 which will scan the attachment on the fly before being posted to the mailbox.
have installed it on one of six servers so far and no problems. doing the rest this weekend.

mojo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back