Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sudden outgoing calls blocked via the M2250 attendant 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebird Scrambler

Programmer
Apr 7, 2003
GB
An odd problem happened yesterday with an Option 81c V04.50 CPP4 system. It was running fine and reports came in stating that no one except the attendants coul dial out. The system belonged to a Hotel and I thought it was something to do with CCSA on the Hotel management system. However even phones that had CLS = CCSD were blocked for AC1 calls.

I also opened up the NCOS, TGAR ACOD etc to enable the phone I was working on to try and dial out. Each time we called out, the call was diverted to one of the 6 attendants suggesting that a "AC1" / "AC2" block was activated?.

We got the problem fixed as it was found that a local technician had moved over one of the consoles that morning and had been replacing some of the ICI labels on the M2250.

I printed out the ICI keys on all 6 consoles and couldn't find anything that could have caused this, except that one of the consoles did have some keys that had become stuck after the labels had been changed.

My question is how or what key, function etc could have caused this to have happen?. Is there somthing that an attendant can apply to block any outgoing calls by pressing one or two buttons?. I've looked through the ICI pdf file and wasn't able to see anything that I could relate with.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Sounds like the Trunk Group Busy keys were activated.

I always set the CDB OPT to XTG (Exclude Trunk Group Busy keys)

Those keys are the far left column, and the first key relates to Route 0, second key relates to route 1, etc. etc.

Solid means it was pressed, flashing means the route is "all trunks in use". Dark means trunks available in the route.

--
GHTROUT.com - Help for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators
--

Hello Guys

A great many thanks for your replies today. I've just dialled in and found..

OPT ABDD AHA EBIN BIXA BLA BOHD CHDD CFO CFRA
COX CPN CTA DBD DNCA DNX DSX DRE
DSTD FACD HTU HVA XBL IC2 IDP XLF
IHD ITG FKA LOD LRA MCI MCTD CUI
MWUD NCD PCMD PSD PVCA RECA REA RNA
RTR RTD ROX SBD SDDE SIAD SLD SYA
THPD TTAA VOBD CWRD HLPD HRLD
CXOD BWTD

Bingo!. That would explain what had happened. It's now changed to XTG.

Once again, many thanks

David

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

I called in our vendor (who shall remain nameless) to resolve this issue a couple of years ago.

Thanks to Firebird for posing the question - star to you.

And to GHTROUT for the fix - star to you.

>****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back