Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sudden Catastrophic Call Quality Degradation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmilikow

Technical User
May 24, 2004
US
Every couple of weeks or so, our IP 403 - 2.0 (16) suffers a sudden failure. The system still functions but the call quality degrades catastrophically for both internal and external calls. Rebooting the system clears up the problem. Recently, this happened twice in two days. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Are you using IP phones?

If you have DT phone AND are using softconsole, upgrade your system to 2.0.18, otherwise upgrade to 2.1.24 and see if that helps.

If IP phones I would look for problems on the network. Have you tried leaving monitor running and logging? Do you see a large flood of network activity when the degradation occurs?

Peter

I have had similar problems lately with DT phones on a 406 on the 2.1.24 bin, its using a onramp 10(10 ch PRI) for the calls and the calls sound like donald duck on the other end, hang up and redial and all is ok, not sure whats causing it

We have a mix of DT and IP phones. The problem effects all of them. I'm going to see about upgrading to 2.1.24 Thanks.

DONT DO IT!
V2.1(24) seems to have almose as many issues as V2.1(15)

& will intermitantly lock-up, preventing you from going into or out of group, no calls, & prevent the down load of the system config

a recent build V2.1(248901) was suposed to have fixed this issue - it hasnt.

I've just upgraded a site with a 406, VM Pro, DT30/16 and Phone8 modules - so far, everything seems good!

Wonder where this problem is coming from........

Give it time, especialy on a site that uses VM heavily

You're scaring me IPGuru, I've begun to slowly and cautiosly (like a turtle coming out of its shell) deploy 2.1.24 to my customers.....

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water!

Peter

Hmm seems like a reverse of a few months ago, we are now refusing to install V2.1(24) unless absolutly essential & are sticking with V1.4(27) or V2.0(18).

Please Please Please make sure that V2.1(25) (or 26) does not have any of these show-stopping errors

I've been experiencing the same problems lately with a lot of client sites running different versions. Off the top of my mind, one site was on 2.1.15 and one was on 2.0.18. Not sure what could be causing this, but a reboot of the control unit (all IP403) fixes the problem. After the reboot I have not seen the problem resurface with any of our clients, or maybe we're just not hearing about it.

Look , what do you expect Avaya has always done its R&D outside its relms or may be its ability, lack of it.

So far 2.1.249801 seems to be doing its job.

p.s one of many R&D parteners.

Tra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back