Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Succession 4.5 patching 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanGoalie

Technical User
Mar 11, 2004
CA
I have created MCDS disks in the past but at an earlier version of software. I am about to upgrade an Option 61C 25.40B to Succession 4.5. I want to create an MCDS disk from the Nortel patch library. I cannot make it fit on one diskette like before. Is this normal? Do I need to burn them on a CD now? I just want to make sure I am not missing something.

Thanks

If you have access to Nortel Deplist website, just download the 4.5 patch match the CPU type and you can burn on a CD or a floppy. Ld 143 mdp install f0:\< name of the File.zip>.

F0 = floppy in core 0
f1 = floppy in core 1
I forgot the CD?

If you have a CPP core the pathc file unziped is more than 2 meg, but you can isntalled in a ZIP format, just takes longer but works fine

As above, get the file in ZIP format, but don't forget the 8.3 format for the file name. Make sure it's created from the NORTEL web site since it creates the zip file for you.

There is also a Bulletin on the MDP commands for LD143, so you might want to get that as well.

If you are doing an upgrade, you will be asked during the upgrade to install patches as a yes / no question.....

I'd be intrigued to know the command to load patches from CD
I spent hours onsite, and ended up having to locate a PC with a Floppy Drive, as of course my laptop doesn't have one only a CD drive, transfer the MDP file to floppy, before I could install it.

Thanks, I will use the .zip approach to floppy.

I have a 68060E CP4 processor NT5D03FB.
On the ESPL site, although there are individual choices for CP3 and for CP4, I am forced to chose CPT(CP3/CP4). Is this correct?
Want to make sure I am using the right one.

Thank you

Yes.

Keep in mind that if you add the special instruction ones, you might have to sysload or INI as per the PEP info.

Just make sure you have the correct RLS of software selected, has to be the same as ISS in LD 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back