Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subtracting from Group Totals

Status
Not open for further replies.

makavelli2

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2000
US
I have a problem. I have a report that has 3 groups. The groups are totalled then at the end of the report there is a grand total.&nbsp;&nbsp;I want to subtract one of the groups from another group, and get a result. See example:<br>Group A<br>total:1<br><br>Group B<br>Total:2<br><br>Group C<br>Total:3<br><br>Grand Total 6<br><br>I want to subtract the total from (Group C)-(Group B) which should give me the answer of 1. I can't figure out how to do it. Please advise, thanks...

You can create a formula to do what you want.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you go into the formula editor and look through the 'Report Fields' you will find the sum fields to use in your formula. <p>LindaC<br><a href=mailto:lcastner@co.orange.ny.us>lcastner@co.orange.ny.us</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back