Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subtotalling formula field resets to zero on new page

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMER101

Programmer
Feb 17, 2003
GB
I have followed the steps posted by others on subtotalling formula fields (FAQ149-182) and everything works OK, except where the group I am totalling goes over a page, in which case the running total is reset to zero. I presume this is because the group header falls under the page header within section editor.

Any ideas how I can stop this from reseting.

[wavey]

I am assumming you have your group header to print on every page. If this is the case, Crystal is responding as expected by resetting your variable to zero.

To stop this from occuring, modify your group header reset formula slighly as follows:

WhilePrintingRecords;
Not InRepeatedGroupHeader;
NumberVar MyVariable := 0

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Thanks for that, I had a play with the code below,

WhilePrintingRecords;
Not InRepeatedGroupHeader;
NumberVar MyVariable := 0

but it didn't work, so I have picked up on your other point and removed the group headers from subsequent pages, this works fine. I will have another go with the commands when time permits.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back