Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subsubform

Status
Not open for further replies.

djeeten

Programmer
Mar 13, 2003
BE
Hi,

I have these 3 related tables: tblProductMainGroup, tblProductSubGroup and tblProduct.

I would like to create a form where you can choose a ProductMainGroup from a list, after which you van choose the ProductSubGroups that belong to the main group. And finally you will be able to view all the products (in a subform perhaps) that belong to the choosen ProductSubGroup.

The relations are:

tblProductMainGroup 1---n tblProductSubGroup
tblProductSubGroup 1---n tblProduct

I have been trying a lot, but I guess my query is not built up correctly. Could someone please give me some advice? ;)

Thanks in advance,

dj.

I'll give it a try. I would make a form with a sub-form. In the main form I would have two combo boxes. The first combo box would query the main table and allow you to pick the main product item you want. The second combo box would query the sub-product table and list all the sub-products that are linked to the main product you picked in the first combo box. The sub form and the main form are linked by the data the you choose from the second combo box. Thus the sub form would show all the products that are linked to the sub-product that you picked in the combo box.

One other thing. After you pick from the first combo box you will have to requery the second combo box so that will pick up the correct main product for the query's criteria.

Hopefully this makes sense. If not, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back