Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subsets in PowerPlay change after Cube rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

navshiv

MIS
Feb 15, 2002
US
Hi
I have a user who has created a subset of a number of categories in a dimension. After a cube rebuild some of these categories are removed from the subset even though they are still in the dimension. Some categories are still there but his report is not correct because of the missing ones. Has anyone else had this at all?
Thanks

It could happen if your Category Code is not always the same in your cube model.
The description is not changing ( Label) but the internal code of the category has changed.

Change in your model the category code to be the same as your category source.

Sorry, I should have put more detail in my post. We don't use a dynamic code as the source, just the actual label we display in the cube.

Also the model does not hold the categories but because the source more descriptive than a code I wouldn't have thought this would be the problem.

As I wrote my last post Cognos came back to me with an answer (although looks like a tech note which we cannot access through their KB!)

I should have realised this really but because some of the categories saved in the subset are not unique, a random category code will be generated for these. Therefore after the next rebuild it will lose this from the subset.

DO'H

Easy fix though using a concatenated field in the data source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back