Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subscriptions apply to all levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

achilleus

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2001
US
Hi all...Thanks in advance for the help...

Two questions:

1) When a user subscribes to a category or document folders; does that also subscribe them to all of the folders below that folder? (so if I subscribe to the category "Sales", am I also subscribed to the sub category "Sales/Domestic"?)

2) Is it possible to add groups to subscriptions? For example, can I subscribe all of the sales department? Since this is a group and not a user, does that present any issues?

Thanks! AJ
SA
HS

Microsoft help states that each folder must be subscribed to in order to receive notifications (from the help file) however this is false. I subscribe to the Documents folder in my server and I get all notifications for any sub-folder.

Hope that helps.

If you have an Outlook email group for the sales dept you can add that email group to a subscription.

HTH Ashley L Rickards
SQL DBA

Ashley...
How exactly do you do this? We are putting company policies on line in SPS and have to set the folder subscription for everyone in the company. Can you give me instructions? This will help an awful lot. Thnx.

I also need to subscribe a number of users each time a document is uploaded. Is there a way to subscribe the users in the parent section of the site and make this a global change (including subwebs) or does each subweb's document library have to be updated individually. I need to add a couple of users to the existing subscription list and I literally have HUNDREDS of subwebs to this site...if anyone can help me that would be great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back