Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subscribing a Phone Service to Multiple IP Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pdiddy10

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2006
US
I am currently trying to subscribe the Extension Mobility phone service to over 500 phones and was wondering if there was any way to do it in bulk.

depending on the your version you can do it with the bulk admin tool.

We are running 6.1(4). TAC told me I could not. I know I could use BAT to enable extension mobility on all devices

But as far as subscribing the service I'm sure how to do this on existing phones.

I know that version 7 and up has the ability to subscribe a phone to a phone service. I'd have to look into a 6.x to see if the capability is there.

It's a little awkward, but in 7.1 what we did was subscribe the service to a Phone Template under the BAT menu. Then we just associate the template to our phones, and for whatever reason the template didn't overwrite everything (we were VERY worried about that, since it makes you configure a DP, etc). It only subscribed the phones to the service. We did this for extension mobility and visual voicemail.

I've done it without any issues on both 5.x and 6.x. Just go into the BAT tool and use the Update Phone feature (either by Query or Custom file). You are then given a list of phone options that you can update by checking the boxes (items left unchecked will not be changed by BAT). At the bottom you can add all services from a template. Select a template that just has the Extension Mobility service added. Next check the two boxes below that to remove duplicates. This way if you accidentally update a phone that already has it, you won't put in two Extension Mobility service options.

Submit the job and they'll be updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back