Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subscriber already exists. Please select available mailbox number or check use existing subscriber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keggles

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2014
US
I've had a few users with some weird intermittent issues, we had a few others do the same recently. The issue started with either the mailbox "disappearing" or a lag in the message indicator. On the Houdini issue, it was gone when searched for, but if rebuilt, the mailbox would ask "which of the same mailbox you wanted to leave a message for?" and no matter if it were deleted or reconfigured it was stuck in there, we eventually just gave them a new ext and VM.

The other with the lag indicator I've tried all the typical of removing and rebuilding everything. Now, I have a mailbox/extension that does not exist in any system, yet when I build in User Management and click "Message Profile" and commit the changes I get the " * Subscriber already exists. Please select available mailbox number or check use existing subscriber." If I go directly into the messaging server I can build the mailbox and commit changes. I've tried the clear AMW xxxxx, check reports, and any chance it is on as an "Additional Extension" Google just picks up keywords and dishes out Avaya provided PDF's.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Where are you adding the mailbox from if not from the "Messaging Server"

If you are using SM then that is part of your problem It does not really work well.It seem from your post that if you are on the messaging server it all works ok ?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Well, we were originally using the GUI/Web Access for the messaging server, one of the guys here was able to get the 'Messaging Profile' connector working through User Management on System Manager. IE .. Create New User >> Communication Profile >> Messaging Profile, which just allows you to select the system and then the Ext/Template/Password the rest of the information is pulled directly from the User and Com tabs.

I ripped it all out and then rebuilt. I have tested multiple times and thus far the lag is gone and no duplicate mailbox when leaving one. However, I am concerned the issue may return and I'd also like to either prevent the issue or have a better solution to resolve instead of killing an extension/VM.

All I can tell you is that the SM interface has issues and that is why I don;t use it. It will happen again at some point in time.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

That's what I feared. I've seen some people on here have been waiting a year or more and have given up on options like these because they are either unreliable or just plain don't at all. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back