Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

subscribe/unsubscribe option for HTML newsletter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nis81

Technical User
Dec 11, 2006
GB
Help!
I want to add a subscribe/unsubscribe option to a HTML newsletter i will be authoring. I have produced a form using HTML to add the the newsletter but i am having problems finding suitable javascript/php script? and writing my own seems daunting. Can anyone help?

Cheers.

erm.....okay. Let me explain exactly what i want to achieve. Basically i want to send my newsletter initially via Microsoft outlook (as an embedded html document) to all employees at my company, via a group email address (e.g. staff@xyz.com which then distributes the email to individual email addresess in the group). This newsletter will have a subscribe/unsubscribe tool in it, which will send me an email with the respondents name,email address to my email account and subscription choice. This i anticipate would overlaod my email account with replies and i would therefore like to have that information sent to a database.
So i guess im asking how i could achieve this.
I hope that makes sense, and that someone can help. It would be very much appreciated!

Many thanks!

Sounds to me like you are looking for a mailing list manager, which is what I linked to you initially...

You could simply e-mail them all initially and ask them to go to X address hosted on your intranet to subscribe.

@OP

This newsletter will have a subscribe/unsubscribe tool in it, which will send me an email with the respondents name,email address to my email account and subscription choice.

there's your problem. don't have ths s/u response sent to your email.

instead embed an html form into the email for the users to type their data into (or better still extract the addresses from the mailing list and send the mail indificually with the fields pre-filled). Set the form action to a web address at which you can receive the input and save it to your database. make sure that the form action has a complete url with protocol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back