Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

strom99

MIS
Nov 28, 2000
US
Hello All -

Here is my question, is it possible to use a specific field from a subreport and link it into the main report? (Has anyone use Eureka Report Designer? Similar to Child Documents) I have a report that displays Daily, MTD, and YTD and I need to bring in two fields that show orders and forecasts numbers. It is not possible to put them right into the report because of the way the tables are designed.

Thanks in advance.

Trevor

You can pass data from sub reports to main reports, but it is tricky. You have to use formulas and set variables within the crystal code. I wish I had a solid example to give you. I know if you dig enough, you can find examples from the Seagate documentation. Also, there are much more informed people who will probably read this post. I can assure you that it is possible.

Kathryn

Try looking at shared variables. The do a search on Cyrstal's support site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back