Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreports with page headings problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDennison

Programmer
Jul 28, 2010
US
Hello everyone,

Hope you are having a great day.

I am having trouble coming up with a solution to a request I have been given. I hope someone can help me out here.

I have been asked to produce a very large report (approximately 100 inches wide). However, the users don't want to see all of the columns when the report is initially run. They want to see columns 1 through 20, but not see columns 21 through 35, but see columns 36 through 50 and not see columngs 51 through 70, etc. They want to be able to see new sections (i.e. the original columns plus columns 21 through 35 when they click on a button.

Herein lies my problem. If I suppress the columns they don't want to see initially I get some rather large white areas in the report. So I thought I would reproduce the report using the columns they want to see when they click on that button and insert it as a subreport on demand. That works fine except Crystal does not allow page headings on subreports. When they run this subreport there is only one set of headings and it is in the page header. Does anyone know a better way to produce the results that I am looking for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Bob

You can create a fake "page header" section by creating a formula in the sub:

whilereadingrecords;
""

Insert a group on this and check "repeat group header on each page".

Make this group your group #1. Then place page header fields into this new repeating group header.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back