Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreports keep shifting position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase998

Technical User
Dec 29, 2003
US
I have a report that contains upwards of five subreports of required information in two columns (two on the left, three on the right). However, when I try to put all of them into a report using landscape orientation on the page so that I only get one page, I find that some of the subreports on the right side shift to the position and align to the bottom of the adjacent report to the left. It looks like text wrapping issue you might see in Word.

I have tried creating multiple columns on the report, set the "grows" to both yes and no, and still it shifts the subreports around.

Is there something I'm missing to stop this? There's plenty of room on the page for all the subreports to fit, but I can't get them to stay put!

Thanks!

CHASE

As the controls on the left side grow, they will push all controls below its bottom downward.

Duane
MS Access MVP
Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.

Duane,

Thanks for the reply! Any way around this problem, or am I destined to be held hostage by Access? :)

CHASE

You could try embed the left side subs into their own subreport and the same with the right. Then add the Left sub and right sub to the main report.

Duane
MS Access MVP

Gave it a try, but I get a nesting error because Access has a fit with 3-level subreports.

Each subreport at the highest level contains two individual subreports. So, in essence, I am putting 10 separate reports in one main report, each subreport containing two subreports.

Am I just pushing Access's limit to display certain data?

CHASE

You might be pushing the limit. Did you try all possible combinations of overlapping slightly from left to right? Did you try make the report half as wide and then placing the subreports vertically in a line?

Duane
MS Access MVP

I've tried every placement trick I know, including overlapping, to stop it from pushing the subreports around. That's why I thought there might be a wrapping function in Access I was missing.

I had a hunch that there was no exact science to keep this from happening, but I thought I'd throw it out to those in the know to make sure!

If there is no solution, then I will accept that (with just a LITTLE grumbling about Microsoft products<g>).

Thanks!

CHASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back