Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreports in deployment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2007
US
I'm transitioning to SSRS 2005 from Crystal.
I (think)proved to myself that in development, SSRS doesn't create a copy of the subreport like Crystal does. It seems to grab the separate report I wrote every time I run the container report, and brings in any changes I made to the subreport without my having to re-insert it.

Now, when I deploy the container report, do I have to take care to deploy the subreports with it, or does it know enough to grab them and take them along?
Thanks, and Happy Friday!
[smile]

You have to deploy the subreport -- otherwise It'll use the previous version you have deployed.

Indeed - remember that when you deploy a report it is physically moved to the report server. If you don;t deploy the new sub report, it will hook into whichver version sits ont he report serfer, not the version thst is sitting within your project

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back