Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreports' groups (multiple) in main report grouping tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarmend

IS-IT--Management
Jun 3, 2004
US
I have 5 separate databases with information for 5 different college campuses. I have a report for each of the 5 campuses. I have inserted 4 of the reports as subreports into one of the report's footer.

My client views the report using Crystal XI with ASP pages. The client enters their parameters for the report and the results are displayed using the crystal view with the grouping tree visable.

How can I display the grouping from the subreports in the grouping tree on the crystal viewer.

Thanks in advance,
Jared

I think that you would be better served to merge the data into a single data source using a UNION ALL, and then you can treat the data as one database.

You can do this on the database in a View, or use tyhe Add Command, the syntax is something like:

select 'database1' MySource, f1, f2, f3 from database1.table
union all
select 'database2' MySource, f1, f2, f3 from database2.table
union all
... you get the idea

Now you can group on the MySource field.

I would have been more specific, but you didn't state the database type.

-k

Thanks...that was the path that I was heading down, but I'm having problems with my SQL statements. The data type is dbase V, dbf files. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back