Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreport Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpicks

MIS
Oct 11, 2002
US
I am creating a report in 8.5 that will contain several subreports. I am relatively new to crystal and have not been able to add a subreport without an extra page printing between the main report and subreport. An extra page is printing after the subreport also.

I have been adding the subreport to the report footer, because I want each report to print once.

? Is this the right place to put the subreport, or should I be putting it elsewhere? I also tried putting it in a details section, but had similar results.

I noticed that in the section expert, under report footer there is a greyed out check box with "New Page After" selected. Also in the report header there is a greyed out check box with "New Page Before" selected. This explains my extra pages.

? Is there any way to deselect these options? Is there any way to remove the report header or report footer?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Also,

There are no parameters being passed between reports. I am combining several standalone sales reports.

? Should I even be using subreports to do this?

Suppressing all but the detail section should do the trick!

By default, both of these boxes are unchecked, so the only way they could get checked is if you checked them when you created the report.

In terms of this being grayed out, this is always the case with the group footer, and I doubt if it explains your extra pages. Check this setting on all of your other sections.

If you are combining several stand alone sales reports, I believe subreports is the way to go, and the report footer would be the ideal place to put this. Software Sales, Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Thanks posselman and dgillz for your responses,

I have already solved the problem since I posted. Suppressing everything but the details section got rid of my extra pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back