Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreport problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiabox

Technical User
Aug 27, 2002
GR
I have a parent report that takes 2 parameter values as start date and end date.
The subreport takes its data from another table that has a field with dates.
I want to pass both start and end parameters to the subreport and have the report asking for them only once (not for 2nd time for the subreport).
Thank you.

I give you some more details here:

The parent report takes its data (between others tables) from table1 which has a datetime column field1 which is used from the 2 parameter fields to give to the report reader a range of dates.
The subreport uses only one table (that does not exist in the parent report) but that also has a datetime field named field1.

Create the same parameters in the subreport and use them in the record selection formula area, and then in the main report->edit->subreport links, move the parameter from the main report to the right, and in the lower left, use the dropdown to select {?parm}, not the default {?pm-?parm}. Repeat for the second parameter.

-LB

Ok.I've tried it and it keeps asking for parameters when I do print preview to the subreport.

Ok.It apperas properly in the end of the main report.There is no need to print preview the sub report.
Thnx for helping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back