Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

subreport placed in the page header does not grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

a16s

Programmer
Feb 8, 2009
CA
hi,

I have a subreport placed in the crystal report page header. The subreport works fine if the query returns 2 or less than 2 records. But the subreport comes out empty on the crystal report if the subreport query returns 20 or more than 20 records. can I know what should I do inorder to make the subreport in the page header to grow...

Try this

From the main report, right click on the subreport and click on format subreport.

On the common tab, uncheck Keep Object Together and Close Border on Page Break.

If that doesn't work, then create a fake page header

//@FakePH
WhileReadingRecords;
""

Create a group on @FakePH (be sure to check Repeat Group Header on Each Page)and move it to group 1 if you have other groups already created.

Suppress the page header and move your subreport to the fake page header.

-lw

thank you kskid for your reply.

I tried the first and it didn't work.

with the second option ,I am a little confused. can you explain me.
how to create a fake page header and where should I write the logic
//@FakePH
WhileReadingRecords;
""
and where should I create the group is it inside the subreport?

From the Main report, go into the field explorer and create the formula. Then insert a new group and select the formula, @FakePH, to group. On the group options tab, check Repeat Group Heading on each Page. Go ahead and delete the FakePH group name from the main report

Click and drag the subreport from the page header to the FakePH group header section. Suppress the FakePH group footer section.

thank you Kskid,

code worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back