Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreport lines repeat based on link to Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimWho

Vendor
Apr 2, 2002
CA
My main report lists damage exceptions in the following format:
RF Door Dent
LF Door Dent
F Bumper Dent

The data comes from Report Number 5
I have a claim for damages which is linked to this report. The claim (subreport) contains the following:
F Bumper Dent
Towing

The Main Report is linked to the subreport by the ReportNbr.
For each line in the Main Report the lines in the subreport repeat, thus it looks like this.

RF Door Dent F Bumper Dent
Towing
LF Door Dent F Bumper Dent
Towing
F Bumper Dent F Bumper Dent
Towing

How do I get rid of the extra lines appearing in the subreport. I want the F Bumper Dent and Towing to only appear once.

There is a property in reports called Hide Duplicates.
Try setting this to "Yes" and see if you get the results you need.

I hope this helps you.

Place the subreport in some type of Group or Report footer depending on the structure of your data. Maybe you have a ClaimNumber footer.

Duane
MS Access MVP

Thank you BUT, hide duplicates does not do the trick and the subreport is grouped on ReportNbr. Also the subreport Header and Footer are empty and turned off and there is no ClaimNbr. Would welcome other suggestions.

What field are you using in your Link Master property? Create a group footer on this field and stick your subreport in the group footer.

Duane
MS Access MVP

Duane: Many, many, many thanks.

I created two subreports. One for the exceptions and one for the claims. I then created a grouping in the main report called Exceptions and put both subreports in this grouping. Worked like a charm.

I then created a third subreport. It is a copy of the claim subreport except I made the detail section NOT visible. The footer of this report displays the dollar totals. I then inserted this subreport into the footer of the main report.

Thanks to everyone for the support.
Gotta love tek-tips. Where would we be without the experts.

Jim
MS Access in training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back