Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

subreport footer to be different to main report footer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawnyanne

Technical User
Nov 1, 2006
GB
hi there

I think I am having a very bad blonde moment!

I have a subreport in my group header - but I want the subreports footer to be different to the main report footer. If I put in the different footer in the sub report - then both footers show - is there a ways of surpressing the footer if it a 'subreport'? eg in the surpress field - say if subreport then true?

many thanks for any help!!

dawnyanne

Hi dawnyanne,

The sub-report is like a report by itself. You should be able to go to the section expert of the sub-report and supress as many sections in the sub-report as you want. Sections in the sub-report are quite independent of those in the main report.

Hope this helps.

hi there - thank you for coming back to me!

The way the report runs at the moment is a lette with a footer and then the subreport creates one or more contracts after the letter - I think I need to put the surpress in the main report as if it is the letter I want one footer and if its the contract note I need a different footer. If I put a footer on the subreport then the footer comes out twice ( the one from the main report and the one from the subreport) I need to somehow say on the main report that if it is the main report print the footer - but if it is the subreport then surpress it? any ideas? thank you again - your help is very much appreciated!

dawnyanne

Have a running total in the group. When it is zero, suppress the main-report footer.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Create two formulas:

//{@true} to be placed in the section containing the subreport:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag := true;

//{@false} to be placed in the report header AND in the section containing the letter:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag := false;

Then go to the section expert->page footer->suppess->x+2 and enter:

whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag;
flag = true //note no colon

If this doesn't work, please respond and identify the report section that contains the letter and the section that contains the sub.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back