Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreport Crashing Crystal 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

thread

Technical User
Mar 20, 2001
US
Ok - I give up - I have a report with two subreports - It kept crashing on refresh so I took out both subreports - saved them separately, ran the master report - it runs fine - both subreports run fine alone.
So - I add in the first subreport. I link it on one field - Course_ID linked to Course_ID. Run it and the foolish thing crashes again - crw32.exe error - log is being created (where??) Anyway - I have recreated the entire report, tried linking the subreports different ways but cannot get this thing to run - every time I go to refresh, it crashes. Funny thing is that the very first time I ran it with one subreport, it ran ok. When I tried to move to a later page was when the first crash occurred. I hvae tried reinstalling Crystal but to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas? - Gail

I totally agree, I dont like crsytal. It almost seems it has a brain of its own.

Try this -- make your sub-report an on-demand sub report for grins to see if crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back