Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subquery in INSERT Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

chertel

Programmer
Apr 15, 2002
US
I am trying to add records to a table which is located in my ERP Software (which is JD Edwards). I have a simple INSERT statement (in Microsoft Access) that works if I manually include the data that I want inserted it works fine...BUT...I have a table that I imported from excel and it want to use this as reference for the data insert. I hope I am being clear here. Basically, I have a excep spreadsheet filled with the info I want to Insert into a table located in my ERP Software. HELP and THANK YOU!!!

-Carla C. Hertel

If your source and target tables are in the same database instance, instead of using a values clause you should be able to do something like:[tt]
insert into target_tab (col_a, col_b, col_c)
select a, b, c from source_tab;[/tt]
I'm not familiar with JD Edwards, so this syntax may not be exactly correct for its RDBMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back