Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

subprograms which are in separate files possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaeserea

Programmer
Feb 26, 2003
DE
Hi everybody!

I have to generate several reports which all have different output but which have similar -DEFAULTS and -SET routines.

That's why I would like to put all these -DEFAULTS and -SET in a different file (so it is easier to make changes later in one file instead of making these changes in every single procedure).

So my question is whether it is possible to do this and if yes how to include the separate file in my report procedure.

Thnax
Eva

Eva,

Use
Code:
-INCLUDE FILENAME

Regards
Grzegorz

Hi Grzegorz,

Thanks. But unfotunately I receive an error:

this error has to to with the file 'parameter' it may be missing the internal errorcode was '1023'

The file I wanted to include was created with the editor as all other files. Do I have to tell the system that it is indended to be an include?

Regards
Eva

Hi!

I finally found out what went wrong. I am using the "managed reporting" environment. With that you need to have to file you want to include in the same folder as the file that includes it. Additionally you need app/ in front of the filename. The filename can be determined by making a right click with the mouse on the file, selecting properties and then looking at href. Important: the name is case-sensítive and you should use the name without the suffix .fex

Eva

Eva,

I cannot receive the 1023 error in any way, but there are resolved casea on the IBI TechSupport pages. The solution to avoid the error is to use:
-MRNOEDIT BEGIN and -MRNOEDIT END while using -INCLUDE

Hope this helps
Grzegorz

How about mapping the path in appaths and then calling it? Or actually mapping it in the cfg file? Different files for different users? That ought to work...well, atleast with batchruns it does. Cheers,
Hank W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back