Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subnet Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwings

MIS
Aug 6, 2001
US
Hello everyone,

I am having an issue with the Subnet mask in TCP/IP on AIX 4.3.3. Our network department has a standard subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but when I set my Production server to that subnet I can not get connection through our router. If I try it with a Windows PC, set it up as our AIX server, I do not have a problem. Can someone give me any ideas on what I can do to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

I asked one of our network guys here & he suggested you check the default gateway on the AIX.

Our Default Gateway is set to the correct IP configuration. We were able to change this on our development server, but for some reason our Production server is giving us fits about changing it.

Define fits. Does it respond with an error?

If you could, for your production server, include the output from a 'netstat -rn' command (in addition to whatever is output when you try to make changes on the prod server).

Thanks.

---
Batavus

It ended up being our second ethernet card. We were not using it, but I had to end up going and redefining the subnet mask on that one as well as the one in use. Once I did that, I was able to use the new subnet mask.

Thanks for the help that you all supplied.

check your /etc/hosts and comment out the last ip address of the machine ... it might conflicting with your new ip address ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back