Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

submitting the form after DropDownList is loaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheffield

Programmer
Jun 1, 2001
US
Greetings,

After loading a DropDownList, how can I immediately submit the form without using a Button control?

I was thinking the SelectedIndexChanged event would fire off, but apparently not.

When the form was being loaded, I compared each ListItem's Value to a QueryString value and set the Selected property to 'true'. However, this doesn't submit the form.

Please clue me in. I think I'm braindead today, this should be easy...

i would just create a sub that does your 'Submit'

then after you've done your comparison to find the selected item, call that Sub...

"...we both know I'm training to become a cagefighter...see what happens if you try 'n hit me..."

Why would you want to submit a page when a DropDownList loads? I can understand if you wanted to submit when a selection is made, but not when it loads.

hmmm....I guess I think of another way to submit the form besides using the Button control or the SelectedIndexChanged event of the DropDownList control.

Can you clue me in? Perhaps a little example?

you can submit the form with either of those events...however, you made it sound like you were loading a ddlist then you wanted to post the form...

if you're just changing selections on the drop down list, that makes sense...maybe describe what all is happening with you page...

"...we both know I'm training to become a cagefighter...see what happens if you try 'n hit me..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back