Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Submitting Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlag

Technical User
Mar 6, 2005
AU
I am wondering whether I can submit a form without the following message displayed when i hit send.

"this form is being submitted using email. Submitting this form will reveal your email to the recipient and will send the form data without encrypting it."

You can see what i mean by looking at my site.

Don't send any info as the email address i have attached it to is not my own. But you can hit send and then cancel the submission.

Also please explain any suggestions clearly as most of the time i dont understand them!!!!

thanks in advance.

That happens whe you use the [red]action=mailto:[/red] in the form. This is because it uses the users email client to send the form.
Getting rid of the message would be a securit hazard as then an website would be able to use the users mail client and server to send emails without the user knowing about it.

If you want it to be transparent to the user you could try using some server-side language such as ASP or PHP and use their mail functions to send the email form.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

is it easy to use asp or php? If so how do i do this? is there a simple code i can insert?

cg

Depending on what your webhost supports you can use one or the other.
However using the mailing functions from either requires that you are familiar with how the language works so it can be set up. ad wether or not the webhosts smtp(mail) server wil accept the mail relays from the scripts.

If it really is very important to remove the notice, then we can attempt to help you come up with a simple script that will mail the form.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

i appreciate your help.

Im just wondering when the client says why does this message come up. Can I simply say it is a security feature and it is necessary?

I just think it looks a bit dodgy.

cg

What does your host support?

[Peace][Pipe]

Is there a way to change the received form from a .dat file to a .txt file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back