Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

subforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

sscastor

Technical User
Aug 21, 2000
US
I actually have 2 questions regarding forms. I'm doing a DB that is 27 rows with 5 columns(time, activity, location, number and comments) I tried to cut and paste the text boxes but when I entered text in one it showed the same all the way down the column, is there a faster way to create this form or do I have to individually create every box.

Also I want a subform to appear if a certain code is entered in activity, like sale, a form would than pop up for the person to enter there name and some other info., after they enter the last field of the subform I want it to close and return to the location field of the main form. Is this possible... Also if a location is entered in the sub form can that info be automatically placed in the location of the main form as well...

You all have been great about my other newbie, basic questions, thanks for putting up with me.

steve

You could make a separate form (Form B) that has all the controls for the person to enter in the new data. Then you could make a button on your original form so that when the user clicks it, Form B will open. Or depending on what happens when the user is putting in a new sale, you could put the code in the GetFocus or OnChange property, etc. I put another button on Form B that says "save" which when clicked will save the information, close Form B and SetFocus to the field in your original form. This took me a while to figure out but you could go look at the sample db Northwind. In the "Suppliers" form there is a button "Add Product" which might be something similar to what you are trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back