Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform won't display input, only zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamstuff

Technical User
Sep 13, 2005
US
Hi all,
I've got a subform on a form. This subform is identical in every way that I can think of to another subform that works, but when I try to enter data, the textbox reverts to a zero. The other subform in the other form works just fine. I've looked at the properties of the form and subform of the working form and compared them with the non-working form. Also compared the properties of the text boxes. The form portion of the subform works OK. I even copied the good subform and it doesn't work. There's a zero in each of the six textboxes, which is the properties default.
Because the same problem exists when I delete the subform and replace it, I think the problem has to be in the form, but I haven't found it. I'm sure this is a noob's error, I just don't know where else to look. Data Entry is YES. It's the same darn subform as the one that works!
Any help, Please?
TIA

Heisenberg was probably right.

I am guessing on this one. But this may happen if the link criteria between the main form and the subform is not included in the recordset of the main form.
So for example assum the Main form is based on a query that does not included the primary key. But I link the main form to the subform using this field. This would be hard to do because of the subform wizard, unless like you said you did a cut and paste.

Hi MajP,
We must have doubled when I submitted my last post and mine got lost in the ether(net). Anyway;
You are absolutely right. I didn't realize that I never really see the properties of the subformies, only the forms. Strange way of getting there, With having to to open the form and then right click on inital entry into the subform. Found the the misbehaving subform didn't have any links! Once I plugged them in, It worked fine. Thanks MajP.

Heisenberg was probably right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back