Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform with combo box that needs to be updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjpreston

Technical User
Jun 3, 2005
US
Hello All,
I am working on an Access 2007 database. I have a form with a subform in it. On the subform is a combo box that I need the users to be able to add to the list. Unfortunately I'm not very literate when it comes to VBA, and what I have found on the web has justed confused me. Is there a way I can let the users update the combo box or should I use something else?

Thanks for your help!
Have a blessed day!
kjpreston

is the row source of the combo a value list or based on a table/query?

How would you like them to add to the list?
Pop up a form?
Type in the combo?

First, is your combo box row source a table or query?

Do you understand that adding a record to the table will add a value to the list?

Do you have a form for adding the new value to the table?

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

The row source for the combo box is a select statement "SELECT TRAINLIST.SPECIALTY FROM TRAINLIST ORDER BY TRAINLIST.SPECIALTY;". Yes I understand that adding a record to the table will add a value to the list, that's what I need. I don't have a form for adding the value, but I can make one. However, if we can update the table/list after updating the field in subform I would perfer that otherwise, a pop up would be the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back