Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform w/ 2 combo boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

gleegeld

Programmer
Sep 5, 2002
US
Hi, I know that this question has been asked many time in various forms, but I still need help.

I have a subform in datasheet view that has 2 combo boxes, Category and Products. After selecting the Category, I need the Products combo box to show only those products related to the category selected.

If someone could send in a sample db that would be great.
gleefeld20@msn.com

Thanks,
Gleegeld

Private Sub Combo1_AfterUpdate()
With Me
.Combo2.Requery
.Combo2.SetFocus
.Combo2.Dropdown
End With
End Sub

Private Sub Combo1_GotFocus()
Me.Combo2 = Null
End Sub

Combo2 Row Source

SELECT Table1.Field1, Table1.field2
FROM Table1
WHERE (((Table1.Field2)=[forms]![frmYourFormNameHere]![Combo1]));

Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic

[yoda]

Hi MazeWorX,

I did what you said, but I am still running into the same problems that I have had all along. Because I am in datasheet view, when I go to the next row the selection from the previous row goes away. I am not sure why this is happening. Do you have any clues?

Gleegeld

ok...that's exactly my problem!! Is there any way out?!...ok, I can admit it: this is clearer than mine!!

HELP PLEASE!

A third person with the same problem. Surely its a common requirement of Access ?

a Still Frustrated

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back