Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

subform totals in a report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpryan

Technical User
Aug 24, 2005
US
Hi
I have another question

I have a report which has a group header (Lastname) In this I have a subform (continous) which has members super contributions. There is a total in the form footer which only gives a total when a certain amount is reached ie: SuperT =IIf(Nz([T1])>450,Nz([T1])*0.09,""). This works ok.
On the report I have put in the group footer a textfield with this:Total=[form36].[Form]![SuperT]
When the report is opened (byDate) all the totals from the subform are ok.
On the report I have another textbox which I want to be able to sum up the totals given from the subform.ie:

Fund name: Australian Superfund
smith paydate1 $100.00
smith paydate2 $100.00
Employee Total = $200.00

jones paydate1 $100.00
jones paydate2 $100.00
Employee Total = $200.00

On the report i need a total by fund; ie Should = $400.00

When the subform shows a single entry I can get a total on the report. But when 2 or more employees show the total on the report is blank, even though the individual totals show ok.
I have tried using on the control source field of the textbox on the report:=nz([Total]) and =sum([total])
=nz([Total])This will work on a single entry from the subform but onot if there are more than 2 records showing on the subform.
Any ideas what code should I be using ?

KP

How did you manage to have a subform in a report ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Hi PHV,

I just designed a form and added it via the sub form. I have it linked using the Child/ Master fields.
It works ok. Gives all the info that is entered via a form
Basically I have an invoice form and use a sub form to enter some invoicing data.
I just used the same design for the report. I hope you are not going to tell me that this cant work... I'm not an expert on access. SO I don't know if it is good or not. If there is a better way to do this please let me know.

Many thanks for your reply

KP

I'd post here:
forum703

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back