Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform set focus new record

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy0028

Technical User
Oct 9, 2005
US
Okay i have a table and form called patient info. On the form i have a command button called
Add Payments. which opens the payment form.

I have a form called payments on that form it has Patient Account, payment date check #Check Amount, Payment Type

I also have a subform called Payments2 in datasheet view

This has the following
Date of service from
date of service to
modifer
fee
Insurance payment
Patient Payment
copay
Balence

Left to right in datasheet view

Heres what i want it to do when i click add payments i select patient account open dates of service shows in subform like this

DOS From DOS To Proc Modifer Fee Ins Pmnt Patient Pmnt
07/05/05 07/05/05 71010 51 56.00 0.00 0.00

I enter insurance payment lets say 10.00

Okay now i recieve another insurance payment for 35.00 for
the same date of service. What happens when i click new payment command button on payment form it add a blank row under date of service which i dont want also displays previous payment made which i also dont want so when i click new payment select patient account insurance payment will display like this 0.00 instead of previous payment

any ideas.

I am not sure I get what you mean, but have you looked at:
- Changing the subform to single form and moving to the last record;
- Permanently setting the Data Entry property to True for the subform;
- Setting the Data Entry property to True for the subform when a command button is clicked?
Or some combination of the above.

To me it sounds as if it is working correctly except for the fact that you want the default value for payment to be (0.0) instead of the previous payment value. That value is not being set by chance, it is set by either code or by the default value property of the subform. My guess is that you inherited this database, and the creator did this for a reason. Likely if you look at the subform's add new event you will find some code that sets the value.
Now you say you do not want it to add a line to the subform, but how would you want to enter the new payment data? The developer again did this on purpose so that the form would allow additions once the user hit add payments.
Describe what you want the form to do versus what you do not want it to do, and we can give better help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back