Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

igk

MIS
Aug 27, 2001
US
Hello,
I have a form with subform, if the subform doesn't have a record it doesn't show up at all.
Any advice?
Thank you.

Without you being more specific about the problem, the most I can say is that you might check the Visible property of the subform. Also, you should look at the parent and child fields on the subform's property sheet and make sure they're right.

Anything else, you'll have to be a little more specific about the problem.

Thank you for the reply. The form is visible and the link exists. If I have the record in One side and Many side of the relationship the subform has no problem finding the record and displaing it. If One side has a record, but Many doesn't the subform is not visible (preventing me from creating a record)

Hi,
Is the query that your subform use un-updatable.
That is, Can you add a new record in your subform.
IF you cannot add a new record then change your RecordSet type to "Dynaset (Inconsistent Updates)" on your form properties.This is one reason why you get this problem.

Hope this helps,
Rann.

You might try setting at startup the data source for the subform to a separate query that delivers no records. Then switch the record source to your real query only when that query delivers records. The blank query must contain all the fields that will be displayed on the subform. Using a blank query will insure that the subform is visible and that all the fields will be blank.

Uncle Jack

Thank you for your help. I think, I understand what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back