Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform not showing records... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

docmeizie

Programmer
Aug 5, 2003
US
I got a Main form Address and Two subforms nested on the mainform. One is Certificates and the other is Violations. Address has a one to many with Certicates and Violations. The Violation's Subform data and records show correctly, but the Certificates Subforms doesn't show anything. I go to the table for Certificates and the information is there but after I enter Certicate information and then go to another Address and revert back to the previous Address, the records which I just put in do not show at all. Any help with what is going on and how to remedy it would be greatly appreciated. Just remember that the relationships are fine and the data is being recorded, it's just not being shown after the fact.

If I take a peek in your Windows, to fix a problem, does that make me a "Peeping Tom"? Hmmmmmmmmmmv [pc1][shocked]

if you open the certificates subform (just double-click it from the database window) does it open and show all the records?

If so, is your child/master link set properly? Is there data in the field that is your key field?

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

And what is the value of the DateEntry property of Certificates Subform ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Hey PHV--congrats on the TipMaster thing :)

When you open up the form without the main form the information does not show either. All my relations are correct, there is data in the key field, and my child and master link field are correct.

If I take a peek in your Windows, to fix a problem, does that make me a "Peeping Tom"? Hmmmmmmmmmmv [pc1][shocked]

what's the DataEntry property of the subform? It should be NO.

If it's NO and still doesn't work, what's the recordsource of your form? If you run the recordsource (table or query) of the form, does it return any data?

I gotta give you a star for that. I overlooked the fact over and over again. LOL That is something I know should be set to no. My Duh moment for the week. Thanks

FYI docmeizie, you were asked for the value of the DateEntry property of Certificates Subform Feb 8, 2005.

Yes I was just re-asking PHV's question that you didn't follow up on. Glad it worked for you....I think PHV deserves the star :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back