Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform not Blending with Main Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwAccessUser32

Programmer
Jan 16, 2007
US
I have a main form with 4 different subforms on it. 3 of the 4 subforms blend perfectly with the main form where there is no trace of them being subforms in Form View and they can only be seen as subforms in Design View.

However, one Subform in Form view does not blend. I have carefully compared the properties of the Subform that is not blending with those that are blending and they are identical!

Does anyone have any idea what would cause this? The Subform that doesn't blend is slightly sunken/depressed into the main form.

After struggling with this for quite a few hours, I would be most grateful for any advice.

Thanks

Choose the subform control, being careful to select the control, not the form contained, and set the Special Effect property on the Format tab of the Property Sheet to Flat.

Thanks for the help.

However, when I click on the Subform and go to Border Style, my only available options are:

None
Thin
Size
Dialog

There is no option for flat. Any idea on what I am doing wrong?

Not Border Style, Special Effect, just above. I think you may be looking at the properties of the form contained, have a look at the Data tab and see if it mentions Link Child Fields, if not, you have got the form contained. The easiest way, to me, to select the subform control is to click on the very edge of the control or select it by name from the drop-down list of controls. You may also need to set the Border Style to Transparent (another clue).

Thank you so much! That fixed it. This problem has been frustrating me for such a long time. It is such a relief to have it fixed!

You are welcome, and welcome to Tek-Tips, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back