Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform flickers when opened until mouse is moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeilT123

Technical User
Jan 6, 2005
GB
I am using Access 2007.

I have a "main" form which I use to navigate around my various data input forms.

The button on the Main form used to open form frmIFTFldDetails is about 1/3rd of the way down the form and if I click that button then the mouse cursor is in a position so that when the form opens the cursor is over the subform and causes the subform to flicker. Once I move the mouse away the flickering stops. The subform is actually a sub subform and is a continuous form.

There is some filtering of the subform but if I remove the code the flickering remains.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might prevent the flickering?

Thanks

So, any code on the MouseMove event for the form? That's what it sounds like to me.. either that or Timer code..

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

No, there is no code in any of the "on..." events. The Timer Interval is 0 on the main form, the subform and the sub subform if that means anything.

Are you absolutely certain? So if you select Detail, nothing in those events... Form, nothing in those events... any of your controls? So also, if you go to the VB Editor window by pressing <Ctrl>+<F11>, and look under your form name, there is nothing that shows there?

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Hello kjv, yes absolutely certain. For some reason <ctrl>+<F11> didn't open the VB Editor but I went in via the design view of the form and there is no unnecessary code.

If I can't stop the flickering then I may just have to move the button on the main form so that when you press it the cursor does not end up in the sub subform section of frmIfTFldDetails.

Oops.. [blush] I meant <Alt><F11> My oh my... I guess I needed some caffine. Oh, I know, must have been the heat getting to me. It seems it's gotten to our A/C unit in our building. 102 degrees outside last I checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back