Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform combo box problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CortoMaltes

Programmer
Mar 30, 2000
GR
I have a form (ALL) with two subforms, SubjectMainSub and SubjectOtherSub, with the fields SubjectID (combo box) and SubjectSt (text box, not visible: default value 0 (for Main) or 1 (for Other)). The link between the form and subforms is the field AcNr.
The record source for SubjectMainSub is:
SELECT DISTINCTROW SubjectLINK.OrderID, SubjectLINK.AcNr, SubjectLINK.SubjectID, SubjectLINK.SubjectSt, Subject.Subject FROM Subject INNER JOIN SubjectLINK ON Subject.SubjectID = SubjectLINK.SubjectID WHERE (((SubjectLINK.SubjectSt)=0)) ORDER BY SubjectLINK.OrderID;
The record source for SubjectOtherSub is:
SELECT DISTINCTROW SubjectLINK.OrderID, SubjectLINK.AcNr, SubjectLINK.SubjectID, SubjectLINK.SubjectSt, Subject.Subject FROM Subject INNER JOIN SubjectLINK ON Subject.SubjectID = SubjectLINK.SubjectID WHERE (((SubjectLINK.SubjectSt)=1)) ORDER BY SubjectLINK.OrderID;
Then, the row source for the combo SubjectID in both subforms is:
SELECT DISTINCTROW Subject.Subject, Subject.SubjectID, Subject.ThesSection FROM Subject WHERE (((Subject.ThesSection)<>14 And (Subject.ThesSection)<>17)) OR (((Subject.SubjectID)=1)) ORDER BY Subject.Subject;
My problem is the the combo box is not displaying all the data from the Subject table; it only displays the data until a certain value and I cannot understand why this is happening, as it used to show all the values and none of the changes in the database structure justifies this occurrence. Any hints on why this may be happening? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back