Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform calling parent form

Status
Not open for further replies.

blarson0

Programmer
Jun 12, 2002
US
Hi! I know it is a stupid question, but how do I have a subform call code in it's parent form? Is there a generic way to do it? I have been using:

[Forms]![FormName].Function_Name (Value)

But that isn't going to work, because more then 1 form are going to use this subform, and it has to call code for whichever one is using it. So FormName could be OP10 or OP20...

If this is too confusing please let me know.

Thanks for any help!

-Brad

Come again? You are using a subform in more than one form? I am not sure what you need here...... I can expect anything and everything of myself;
But can only accept or reject what you have to offer!

When you create a form, parent form, you can create a subform in that form which then links parent to child(subform). I haven't tried to use the same subform in more than one form but it shouldn't be an issue........I don't think I quite get what you need......maybe more of an explanation is required. I can expect anything and everything of myself;
But can only accept or reject what you have to offer!

Thanks Rabbit! That works great.

Namsha, I have several forms that use the same subform to display the same information, and I want to be able to cycle through tabs, even when the subforms have focus.

Thanks again!

-Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back