Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform auto resizing is it possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh0jin

Programmer
Feb 21, 2005
I've checked around but had no luck in finding a method that resizes a subform.
I have a mainform and when a button is clicked the child subform is populated with the appropriate form, but the sizes of the subform are different.

So is there a way to resize subform on population?

Any thoughts?

Sh0jin

You can dynamically resize a form. It takes some effort to get the logic perfect - if THIS, and THIS and THIS control are visible make the form THIS size; if THAT control and THAT control are visible make the form THAT size.

It certainly is possible.

Be careful with your terms, though.
the child subform is populated with the appropriate form
I am assuming you actually mean populated with information into EXISTING controls, which may (or may not) be visible, and the dimensions of the form itself are resized.

If I am not understanding correctly, please explain what you mean by "populated with the appropriate form".

Gerry

What i meant was that the child subform source object is changed accordingly to the buttons clicked. Each button contains code that has a form name.

I guess that information about changing the height on a case to case situation might help. I'll give it a try.

Thanks

Sh0jin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back