Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subfolder in inbox has disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDanUk

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2005
GB
Hi,

iv got a user (SBS 2003 with Outlook 2003) who tells me a subfolder in her inbox has "dissapered", its not in the deleted items, and if i log on to her mailbox from somewhere else its not there. i have a backup of the server with MS backup but you cant restore one users folder?

I have read that outlook stores a temporary offline copy of the mailbox but i cant find it! there are no *.ost files or *.pst files on the machine

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Exchange 2003 has a default retention time setup for all deleted items. You might try to see if Outlook can recover it. It's worth a shot at least. Here are some articles that should help you exercise what options you have available.

If this doesnt work, then the previous suggestion is your best option. That is why you are suppose to make backups.

Good luck!

Steven Parent [MSFT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back