Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

subdomain probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutje

Programmer
Sep 19, 2001
BE
hi,

I have more than one website running and I don't have any problems with the domains ( the only problem that I have is the subdomains ( The subdomains don't work sometimes... I have no idea how its possible... suddenly they dont work any more and that f*cking anoying... how is it possible that a subdomain that works fine suddenly doesnt work anymore ? @ the time of this post it doesnt work, but I'm gonna try to fix it but I'm sure they will stop working again... had this problem before and I guess I'll will have it again... unless you guys can help me, so plz do :)

greetz, Neutje

I would make certain that the DNS for each of the sub's is working correctly/reliably, and if it still gives you fits, I would look into using VirtualHost directives.

Hie Neutje,
I was able to click onto the first two subs, gsm and ringtones but got an error message that said an error had occured and would be logged. I guess that was coming from your end. The second two, smspictures and gsmlogos, I got a "couln't find server" error. Which I know doesn't help you much. What do your access and error logs show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back